Dear Embassy of Sweden London,
Thank you for the quick response to my previous request. You said:
"The information I can give you is that between the months of July and the 1st of November, the Embassy issued 1800 ordinary passports, temporary passports and National ID-cards. "
I would like a break down of these numbers please, to say how many passports, how many temporary passports and how many id cards have been issued during this period.
This is an automatic reply.
If the answer to your query can be found below, you will not receive any
individual reply to your e-mail. You are therefore requested to read the
information below thoroughly.
Appointments for passports and coordination numbers (samordningsnummer)
• You can only book your appointment online. More information here.
• Appointments are released continuously and without notice.
• Due to the extremely high demand, the appointments are quickly
booked. If no times are shown in the calendar which, unfortunately,
means that we are fully booked. If a customer cancels their
appointment, that slot will then be released in the calendar and can
be booked by another customer.
• High demand for slots can lead to technical problems. Please ensure
you have received a booking confirmation code before attending the
• You do not need an appointment to get an emergency passport at the
Embassy. We are open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between
9am-11am for emergency passports. More information here.
• The Embassy prioritises the issuance of passports. Therefore, the
passport line has been turned off for the time being.
• A message from Ambassador Mikaela Kumlin Granit.
• Consider booking your appointment for renewal in Sweden, Passport
and National ID card | The Swedish Police Authority (polisen.se)
Before contacting the Embassy, please see if the answer to your question
can be found in our FAQ.
For general travel information, please visit our website, which is
Travelling to Sweden
For general travel information for Sweden, please visit our website.
The Embassy does not issue any certificates to guarantee entry into Sweden
and cannot give indications as to which documentation the Swedish Police
Authority may approve. This is because the Police Authority assesses entry
on a case-by-case basis upon arrival in Sweden and does not provide any
individual approval prior to entry.
Travelling to the UK
For general travel information for the UK, please visit our website.
For any further information, please check with British authorities.
New rules for coordination numbers from 1 January 2022
Coordination numbers now expire after 5 years. For more information,
please visit the website of the Swedish Tax Agency (in Swedish only)
or call them +46 8 564 851 60 (in Swedish and English). Please make sure
that you always inform the Swedish Tax Agency of your new contact address
so they can then inform you before the coordination number expires. More
Other common queries and where to find the answer
• For openings hours and contact information, please visit our
• For information about the rules for EU citizens moving to the UK
post-Brexit, please see our website. Please note that the Embassy
cannot answer individual questions about the British immigration
system. Please contact British Authorities.
• The deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021,
but it is possible to make a late application under certain
circumstances. More information and contact information here.
• The Embassy reception and waiting area may only have a limited amount
of people. Therefore, you may be asked to wait outside the Embassy.
Dear Adam Weymouth,
The break down would be 1239 ordinary passports, 491 provisional passports and 70 ID-cards. This includes the vacation period when we are short on staff.
Embassy of Sweden
11 Montagu Place, London W1H 2AL
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7917 6431